Asheville Wine Tours
- 2 Hendersonville vineyards & 1 urban winery (Stone Ashe, Saint Pauls & Pleb)
- Charcuterie board with glass of wine at Stone Ashe
- Additional food pairing with glass of wine at Saint Paul’s Mountain Vineyard
- Tasting flight at Pleb urban winery
- Knowledgeable NC Wine Gal guide
- Water & snacks (chips & cookies)
- Transportation in a comfy 15-passenger Ford Transit van
- Pickup Location: In front of The Aventine, 25 Page Ave
- Group Size: 6-10 people.
- Time Limit: 6 hour tour
- Please click here if you are interested in a private tour
After introductions, you will enjoy your first pairing of the day with a fun pastry and wine pairing. You will be blown away how much food changes the taste of wine.
Be prepared for 30 minutes in the wine van but don’t worry, our guides have curated a fun wine tour playlist (or you can play your own). Please note that the wine van also has plenty of water and snacks for you to enjoy throughout the day.
Stone Ashe vineyards is a gorgeous boutique vineyards serving estate grown wine such as Chardonnay and Petie Verdot. As this is our first stop we elect to try either their North Carolina grown rosé or one of their estate whites. Both pair well with a charcuterie (meat & cheese box) from a local Asheville company. You will spend about an hour here and are welcome to enjoy more wine or participate in a tasting.
Saint Paul’s makes a great 2nd stop as it usually has live music and a laid back vibe. They have some amazing red wines from their red blends to full varietals. These wines scream for food and we often pair then with marinara meatballs & fresh bread, beef BBQ or chimichurri steak sliders..
Let’s head back to Asheville and see how urban wineries have been evolving over the past couple years. Pleb Urban Winery has been on the Asheville wine scene for a couple years and are churning out experimental and exciting new wines from locally grown grapes. This tasting typically consists of 5+ wines and our tours conclude here.