Private Charlotte Wine Tours
Private Charlotte Wine Tours
- Pastry & wine pairing plus keep-sake wine glass (pickup location)
- Private pickup
- Charcuterie board with curated wine at vineyard stop 1
- Family-style food pairings (choice of food menu) with curated wine at vineyard stop 2
- Tasting/flight at vineyard stop 3
- Water & snacks
- Knowledgeable NC Wine Gal guide
- Transportation in the NC Wine Gal Van.
- Sometimes Harry the Wine Dorkie
- The minimum group size is 6 people per tour. 6 people will be required to book initially to confirm this tour.
- Group size from 6-10. If you have a larger group, contact us (use the form below). We do not allow groups larger than 10 on Saturdays but can make accommodations on other days of the week.
Each tour has a time limit. Charlotte wine tour is 7 hours. An additional $100 is required for each additional hour. Pickups that are further away from the vineyards may incur extra time. Please inquire if you think this might affect your group.
**When booking, you will have the option to add this private tasting to your tour ticket.**
After introductions, you will enjoy your first pairing of the day with a fun pastry and wine pairing. You will be blown away how much food changes the taste of wine.
The best vineyards are 60+ minutes from the uptown Charlotte area. Be prepared for an hour in the wine van but don’t worry, our guides have curated a fun wine tour playlist (or you can play your own). Please note that the wine van also has plenty of water and snacks for you to enjoy throughout the day.
Your first vineyard will introduce you a delicions North Carolina grown rosé wine. This wine is typically dry and is paired with charcuterie (meat & cheese box) from a local Charlotte company. You will spend about an hour here and are welcome to enjoy more wine or participate in a tasting.
Your second vineyard is considered the red wine stop (on our typical tours) and is where we find a suitable dish to match the intensity of the red wine we have chosen for the group. In the past we have done marinara meatballs & gnocchi, pulled pork BBQ & chimichurri steak. The wines you will try range from Cabernet Sauvignon to Merlot to a Petit Verdot. NC red wines tend to lend themselves perfectly to food.
The final vineyard is typically where you will get a full wine tasting. This tasting typically consists of 6 – 10 wines (depending on the vineyard) and will offer you a wide variety of different kinds of NC wine. You will have 60 minutes and if you like a wine, please buy a bottle to share with those that could not come on the tour.
Your tour departs at 4 pm and will take about 60-70 minutes to get you back to the meeting location.
If you are looking for transportation only tours, our rates start at $90/hr and we can accommodate up to 11 people in our Ford Transit van. 5 hour minimum.