Charlotte Wine Tours
charlotte wine tours
Join the NC Wine Gals on weekly Charlotte wine tours to North Carolina’s premier wine growing region, the Yadkin Valley. It’s an exciting time to be drinking Carolina wine.
Each tour has hand-selected wine ranging from Chardonnay, Montepulciano to Vermentino and Cabernet Sauvignon. In addition to wine, we bring food that is perfectly paired & utterly delicious. Expect to learn a lot about wine, pairing food & wine, and the amazing history of NC wine.
See a typical itinerary or inquire about a private tour below.
Thanks & Drink On,
The NC Wine Gals
- 3 top-rated NC vineyards
- Pastry & wine pairing (pickup location)
- Charcuterie board with wine pairing (1st vineyard)
- 1 glass of wine (2nd vineyard)
- Vineyard tasting or flight (3rd vineyard)
- Knowledgeable NC Wine Gal guide
- Water & snacks (chips & cookies)
- Transportation in a 15-passenger Ford Transit van
- Pickup Location: Hygge Coworking – 330 Camp Rd Ste B-45, Charlotte, NC 28206
- Each tour has a time limit. The tour is 7 hours. Tours leave the last vineyard at 4 pm.
- Sometimes Harry the Wine Dorkie (Charlotte tours only)
- Minimum Group Size: 4 people. If you want to do this tour as a private group, click here.
After introductions, you will enjoy your first pairing of the day with a fun pastry and wine pairing. You will be blown away how much food changes the taste of wine.
The best vineyards are 60+ minutes from the uptown Charlotte area. Be prepared for an hour in the wine van but don’t worry, our guides have curated a fun wine tour playlist (or you can play your own). Please note that the wine van also has plenty of water and snacks for you to enjoy throughout the day.
Your first vineyard will introduce you a delicions North Carolina grown rosé wine. This wine is typically dry and is paired with charcuterie (meat & cheese box) from a local Charlotte company. You will spend about an hour here and are welcome to enjoy more wine or participate in a tasting.
Your second vineyard is considered the red wine stop (on our typical tours) and is where we find a suitable dish to match the intensity of the red wine we have chosen for the group. In the past we have done marinara meatballs & gnocchi, pulled pork BBQ & chimichurri steak. The wines you will try range from Cabernet Sauvignon to Merlot to a Petit Verdot. NC red wines tend to lend themselves perfectly to food.
The final vineyard is typically where you will get a full wine tasting. This tasting typically consists of 6 – 10 wines (depending on the vineyard) and will offer you a wide variety of differnt kinds of NC wine. You will have 60 minutes and if you like a wine, please buy a bottle to share with those that could not come on the tour.
Your tour departs at 4 pm and will take about 60-70 minutes to get you back to the meeting location.